Today we rallied over the Queensland border into New South Wales... how ironic being the State of Origin tonight! Very big day today, total of 625 rally kilometres. We drove through some amazing county, very dry and dusty through in some areas.
Home made morning tea was enjoyed next to the Gwyder River this morning for everyone... jam scones, homemade brownies and much more devine food!
By 3:30pm there were still about 5 cars to arrive at the lunch stop at Camp Cypress in Baradine.... that means a late night ahead.
Notable vehicle happenings include:
- Car 753 broke their radiator in the Pilliga and got fixed up by rallytives.
- Car 250 needed a brake part so they made one at Baradine.
- Car 104 broke 2 bolts off the master brake cylinder and a few brake lines, fixed in the Pilliga
- CC thought he had a fuel leak last night and pulled fuel lines off and unbolted the skid plate only to find he had over filled the tank
- Car 888 and 1959X went via Bingara
- Car 311, Groot went via North Star for repairs
- We had lots of different routes taken today which allowed for cars and crews to fix a variety of mechanical issues in a variety of towns.
A number of cars and crews cut and run to the overnight stop to get in and ready for the origin football tonight at the Nyngan RSL.
Today's 'Dumblebee' recipient goes to one of the JagMen who broke down yesterday (Day 1) before they even got to the first Wacko!
All cars made it into town tonight in Nyngan and enjoyed an international cuisine at the RSL.
Football proved to be popular entertainment for some while others enjoyed a good shower and only a few drinks before heading to bed, ready for a repeat of another long, longer day tomorrow.